Amateur Wine Competition – Sponsored by the American Wine Society
The American Wine Society is devoted to educating
people on all aspects of wine. Our members include wine novices,
experts, grape growers, amateur and professional winemakers, chefs,
wine appreciators, wine educators, restaurateurs and anyone wanting
to learn more about wine and gastronomy.
Each year the local chapter of the AWS sponsors the
Maryland Wine Festival Amateur Wine Competition.
Previous years' results:
• 2012: AWS
• 2011: AWS
• 2010: AWS
• 2009: AWS
• 2008: AWS
2012 MARYLAND WINE FESTIVAL
AMATEUR WINE JUDGING
Rules and Procedures
- 1. All wine must be produced and bottled by the entrant.
- 2. Wine cannot have been entered in previous Maryland Wine Festival judgings
- 3. One 750 ml bottle of the entry wine is to be delivered to the Wine Judging tent by 1 pm, on the Sunday of the Wine Festival. Entrant is expected to buy a ticket to the festival. Wines cannot be delivered in advance or by a surrogate, but may be delivered on Saturday by the entrant.
- 4. Bottle is to be labeled with TWO labels: (1) an easily removable label, with entrant’s name, and (2) a label with the wine name, which will not be removed.
- 5. Each entrant may submit a maximum of 6 entries. One entry
form for each wine, and a fee of $1 per entry. This form may be
- 6. Entry forms are to be mailed to the address below, together
with payment and ONE SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED (small) ENVELOPE,
in which a wine pass will be returned to the entrant. Forms must
be received no later than ONE WEEK prior to the judging, in order
to have time to return the wine pass.
Download the form below, and send payment (check payable
to "The Maryland Wine Festival")
and SASE to:
Wine Festival Judging
1116 E Deep
[MS Word file 28kb]
MWF-entryform.pdf [PDF file